Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fresh Stitches November Mystery CAL - My Yarn Choices

I posted a few weeks ago that I am taking part in the Mystery Crochet Along from Fresh Stitches. Stacey (the designer) is using the orange and pink you see above for her mystery animal and I've been trying to figure out what I want to do for mine. This is one of the hardest choices for me when making an animal because I always want to make it look "like it should" - you know, realistic colors. But since I have no idea what I'm making it takes that element out of the equation. So, I happened to have a nice hot pink and yellow and orange as well as the new variegated stuff I got from my latest Craftsy buy that has all 3 of those colors.
What do you think? Should I be totally unoriginal and do the pink with orange like Stacey? Or maybe just a slight change and use the yellow instead of the orange? Or should I be really adventurous and make it with that variegated yarn and use one of the others as the accent color? I'm so torn!

Please help me choose!

Also, Stacey posted about suggested color combos on her blog today to help us make our decision. Gah! I just don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!