Friday, November 2, 2012

I Have A Nephew! (+Crochet Update!)

Well folks, it's official! As of 9:58 pm est last night I am the proud aunt of an 8 lb 8 oz, 21" long boy :) His name is not official yet, so right now he's just 'my new little buddy'.
Isn't he cute? I pulled out the big guns (a.k.a. my real camera) and was a picture snapping lunatic. I couldn't help it - my photographer self can't be suppressed sometimes. I haven't had a chance to finesse them yet, but here are some of the pictures from last night just so you can all see how cute he is :)
I couldn't help but get a little artsy fartsy.
My mom with her first Grandson
Trying to check us out
Mommy and baby
Look how proud dad looks with the grandparents!
So, this is sort of another side of the story, but we waited a long time. Like even after he was born ... and there was nothing wrong. It really reaffirmed my future birth plan of not being at a hospital. Anyway, while we waited I decided to make something. Kelly had purchased the book Cuddly Crochet by Stacey Trock (teacher of the Amigurumi Woodland Animals class on Craftsy) because she really loved this bib - and she never made it! So, I already had all the right colors of yarn and I decided to make it up for her. I started it earlier in the day and finished the actual bib part before going up to the hospital. I made all the little mouse pieces and put them on while we waited.
 It's the Sneaky Mouse Bib :) It's very teeny, so if I was to make any of the bibs from this book in the future I would definitely go up in hook size. But isn't it cute?!
 And look how nice and clean the back is!
Here it is on its new owner :) I think he likes it, what do you think?

So, we had a really exciting night! I'll be taking more pictures tonight with all the other family members who didn't get to stay and see him so I'll probably be posting more :) I'm an aunt! How weird is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!