Friday, May 19, 2023

FO: Wall Baskets

 

This felt like a bit of a silly project, and I was making it over a year after it was requested, but you can't rush things, right? My youngest sister saw these hanging crocheted baskets on Pinterest and asked if I could make her some. At the time I said sure, but then life moved on and I never got them made. Summer of 2022 had me on a "finish old project" kick, which made me start these to get them done for her birthday.

I used Wall Basket by Yarn Craze, which is a free pattern. This is extremely simple, but having a pattern certainly saved me some of the guess work and time. 

The 2 baskets turned out just slightly different sizes because I made one a little deeper. with just 1 row more open (if that makes sense). These are made just by increasing out until you like the size, then straight crochet until the sides are as deep as you want, then you decrease rather quickly to close it up and add the loop to hang with. This construction made it easy to customize to the amount of yarn I had to work with.

Here's an action shot holding a tomato, lol. I used 1 skein of Loops and Threads Impeccable in Pale Gray that I got at a thrift store a while back, which worked great for this. I really hate knitting with this yarn - it's incredibly grippy on my needles - but it worked great for crochet, which is probably why it's so popular. I also always use acrylic yarn for anything that may need washing regularly when I give a gift, so it worked in that respect too. These can just be thrown in the washing machine easy peasy.

Before I mailed them to my sister, I had to do a little experimental photoshoot, lol. These looked remarkably like newsboy hats when they were finished lol. 

I love a quick project that someone knows was custom made for them. Hopefully my sister likes them, lol. Either way, I was glad to have that one marked off the list of things to make!


Summary:
Yarn: 1 skein Loops and Threads Impeccable in Gray - $0.50
Pattern: Wall Basket by Yarn Craze - Free
Time: A few hours








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!