Friday, March 1, 2024

FO: Coo and Coy for Valentine's Day

This project has been planned for a few years now and I'm so glad I finally made it up :) This is the Coo and Coy pattern by Anna Hrachovec of Mochimochi Land. It's twin birds that make a heart when put together, so what better surprise gift to make my twin girls for Valentine's Day?
I managed to make this entirely at night after my kids were asleep over the course of a few days. The body shapes are very simple and I finished one body per evening and then one more evening for the limbs and assembly.
One very cool touch of this pattern is that one of the wings gets a strap on the back, which enables you to make the birds hold wings! Isn't that cute?! lol It also keeps them together very effectively.
The feet are littles hearts, which I think just adds to the cuteness factor even if they were a bit tedious to make. For this project, I dug in my stash and came across this unloved skein of Loops and Threads Impeccable in the Rich Orchid colorway and then I paired that with Red Heart Super Saver Perfect Pink for the wings and whatnot.
I did change the recommended hair style to make my birds more girly - think pig tails. I think it turned out very cute. The only head scratching part of making this was assembling the limbs so that things looked even but still made them face the right way and mirror each other. It was a bit of a challenge, but not too bad. 
So that's my latest cute creation :) My kids loved them, but of course they fought over who got the bird with the strap on its wing. Oh well. It made for a very cute and personal Valentine's present and I hope they love them for years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!