Wednesday, March 13, 2024

WIP Wednesday: Starting March Challenges!

Well,  it's been a while as I've been trying to get my bearings with my you tube channel, but rest assured that much creating has been going on in the background even if I didn't post about it here. I've got the body finished as well as both front yokes. I'm on the back yoke now and I've run into a snag. Narrow shoulders strike again - the directions tell you to knit until the back is the width of your measurement between your shoulders (mine is 12 inches), but I've reached the point I should be changing to ribbing and I'm still at 16 inches across. So I know I will have to rip my entire back yoke back to the beginning, but I'm trying to decide if a triple decrease every other row will be good enough to get me down to the 12 inches. So this has been in time out for the past few days as a result.
In the meantime, I've started the swatching for my next sweater. I've wanted to make the Audrey in Unst pattern by Gudrun Johnston for like a decade. This past Black Friday, I bought some Wool of the Andes in the Knit Picks sale in the Blackberry colorway just for this project. I swatched on size 5 needles like the pattern suggests and I have gauge, so I will be casting this on soon. Do I need another purple sweater considering I am knitting one at the same time? lol No but I like this color and design and I just want to make it. So there. 
I'm also working on a new project for the Crochet Flip challenge with Shannon Talks Yarn on You Tube. The idea was to take a thrifted item and jazz it up with crochet in some way. I talk all about my plans for this challenge in my latest You Tube Video. I'm using Curio 3 crochet thread from Knit Picks in this bright, springy palette to make an Irish crochet neckline detail. I'm at a point where I'm almost finished with the motifs, but I'm trying to decide what shapes I should add in the spaces I have left. Also, so I like that open flower on the right? I can't decide. But once I decide and make a few more tiny pieces, I will be able to get this officially assembled and done. I'll be unveiling that in a video later this month.

In sewing news, I've finally buckled down and completed the sleeves - one is totally done except sewing the buttons on and the other just needs the hand sewing done for the cuff. The final steps are to set the sleeves in and hem and I'm hopeful I will get this cracked out in the next few days.
So the dress is looking like it's almost done and I can't wait. Never mind that I had to blur the background in my sewing room because it's such insanity. Just look at the dress, lol. I'm trying to get this finished quickly so I can move on to my Sew Frugal plans from that video as well. Here's hoping I can make that happen!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!