Monday, April 1, 2024

FO: Crochet Flip Shirt (and New Video!)

 

I finished my project for the Crochet Flip Challenge last week and I'm so pleased with how it turned out! This challenge was dreamed up by Shannon Talks Yarn and Coco's Crochet on You Tube, and I thought it was a great idea so I wanted to join in. The challenge was to take a thrifted item and improve it in some way with crochet. I used this as an opportunity to use a technique I've been wanting to do more of: Irish Crochet. 

I'm trying something a little different with this blog post in that I don't have all the before and after shots like I typically would since I made a full you tube video to talk about all the details. So if you want to see what this shirt started out as and what it looks like now along with an explanation of the process, please head over here to watch my video and tell me what you think! 

Would you try Irish crochet? I'm addicted now and have plans on making a full shirt out of it eventually. I'd like to really do it the right way, but in the meantime I'm really enjoying this finished shirt and I know I will wear it a lot.

Summary:

Yarn: Knit Picks Curio 3 in Jalapeno, Serrano, Canary, Clarity, Clementine, and Lichen with Royal Maid size 5 thread in Cappuccino - $5.00

Pattern: Modern Irish Crochet Craftsy Class

Notions: thrifted shirt - $1.00, thread - $0.25

Time: 5 hours

Total Cost: $6.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!