Monday, May 6, 2024

FO: Rose Street Cardigan (Plus Video Review!)

 
My latest sweater is finished and I am so thrilled! I've been wanting to make this since the pattern was released last April and now I finally have one of my very own :) This is the Rose Street Cardigan by Syndey Crabaugh of Squid's School of Vintage Knitting. I adore her patterns and this one struck me immediately. 
The body of the sweater is very simple - just basic stockinette with a ribbed yoke on the front and back. This made the body incredibly fast to knit. I made mine up in Knit Picks Stroll in the Duchess Heather colorway that I grabbed on sale over 2 orders (I bought 6 before seeing this pattern, then bought 2 more when I knew I wanted to use it on this pattern) and it worked just beautifully. This is one of my absolute favorite yarns, so I always love using it.
Here's my Ginger Rogers pose to show off the best part of this sweater - the fantastic sleeves! They are long bishop sleeves with a simple lace detail and I adore them. I knitted my sleeves flat through the whole cuff before I realized it was written to be knitted in the round. Oops. I was not going to redo the cuff, so I just knit them both flat and it worked out fine. 
I'm also thrilled that Syndey's newest pattern (The Four Seasons Dress) includes a written description for setting in the sleeves. This was my only hang up with making this because I can never remember how to do the puff and I had a hard time finding her video on Patreon. The written instructions worked fantastic (and if you are a Patreon member of hers, you automatically get access to both of these patterns, so it worked out great). 
As per usual, I backed my button bands, and this time I filmed a tutorial on how I do this - so if you are interested, check My YouTube Channel next week for that. I used my usual rayon Petersham ribbon and some pretty vintage buttons. I did have a little snafoo - I miscounted my button holes, so I had to add 1 more button that did not match. I got as close as possible from my stash and put it at the bottom, so I think it blends in well enough that no one will notice but me.
And that's my Rose Street Cardigan! I love how it turned out. It is comfy and cute. I just wish it was colder so I could wear it more often before the end of the year. I have also made a YouTube video review about this project if you prefer to hear the deets in that way :)

Summary:

Yarn: 7.24 skeins of Knit Picks Stroll in Duchess Heather - $29.26

Pattern: Rose Street Cardigan by Syndey Crabaugh - $6.50

Notions: Rayon Petersham Ribbon - $6.50, 8 buttons - $ 0.45

Time: 2 months

Total Cost: $ 42.71

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!