Wednesday, May 8, 2024

WIP Wednesday: Splitting My Dalloway

I've been plugging away on my Dalloway Blouse as my go-to project and it's finally looking like more than just a mesh bag lol. Last night I officially sectioned off for the sleeves and now I'm working on the top yoke/sleeve area, so I'm only just now realizing this means I'm almost finished with this project.
I did add shaping to the body of this one just because I didn't want to have to rely on the waist tie (they never sit right on me). It's certainly not perfect - this yarn (bamboo rayon) is SO slippery and SO splitty that I've dropped some stitches and had to try and salvage it a few times toward the bottom. I'm used to it now, but it doesn't change the visible mistakes. I also have an accidental double yarn over hole at one side that I need to go back and seam up. I'm curious to see how blocking evens this fabric out though.
And this is a more accurate idea of how the stitch pattern looks. This yarn is very drapey and will pull down when it is worn from the weight of it all - another aspect that makes me very curious about blocking.

In truth - I didn't work on any knitting at all for almost an entire week because I was busy having too much fun :) Including holding a baby alligator, going to Sea World, seeing Alvvays in concert. We packed a lot in during my friend's visit. No regrets! My knitting was waiting for me when he had to go back home, and isn't that just a big perk of knitting as a hobby? 

Do you have anything exciting going on this week? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!