Friday, September 14, 2012

Review: Clear Scalp & Hair Shampoo & Conditioner (Plus a Sample!)

I was really happy when SheSpeaks asked me to review the new Clear Scalp Hair Therapy shampoo and conditioner :) I just got it in the mail last Wednesday and I have been using it everyday for a week now. 
The notion behind this new line of hair care is that we have been trying to fix our hair from the bottom up instead of at the source - our scalp. This new product is designed to treat issues with your scalp that cause the problems with our hair. Make sense? For more info, you can go to their website. These hair products are designed to balance your scalp with one week of use.

I will admit, I was very skeptical that this product would work for me. I was sent the Total Care Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioners. When you have fine hair like me, you learn to stay away from anything with the word 'nourishing' in the title for fear of looking like an oil slick. But in true reviewer fashion, I tried it anyway. The first day I could tell that my hair was more heavy than usual, but since it's supposed to take a week for to work its magic I stuck with it and continued to use it for the full week.

How did it work out?
(Sorry for the goofy face - it was the best one I took if that tells you anything). I think my hair looks pretty good :) I have noticed a big difference with flyaways and split ends. I was starting to really notice the damage from blow drying my hair everyday. There is a lot of breakage all throughout and it was really obvious. 
The Clear products definitely nourished the damage and it's not nearly as visible now and all my hair lays very smooth :) Also, I haven't had to use any frizz ease at my roots to stop flyaways. In these photos the only product I have in my hair is T'eez Bounce Me Styling Cream which I use everyday. 
See how smooth the top of my head looks? Another nice bonus to this stuff is the scent. My husband has been commenting on how good my hair smells all week and the scent lasts all day! I can even still smell it when I lay down at night.

I give this product 5 out of 5 stars! Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy does exactly as it claims! It really nourishes your hair without weighing it down. I was able to use both the shampoo and conditioner every day with no oil problems by the end of the day (and for me that is really saying something). The scent is fantastic too. I would absolutely recommend giving this product a try and at around $6 a bottle from your local Walgreens, what have you got to lose?

*If you would like to try this product out for yourself, go here to print a coupon good for a Free travel size Clear shampoo from CVS :) Hurry - this is only for the first 50,000.

*I was given 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner from SheSpeaks to try, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own and not influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!