Friday, January 18, 2013

Crochet Update: Meet My Chick!

**I just found out that Stacey decided to feature my photo for the pattern on Ravelry! Go here to see :)**
Hooray! This is a pattern I have loved for a long time and I finally snagged it during the birthday sale at FreshStitches. Meet my chick!
I haven't named him because I'm giving him to a friend of mine's kids and I figured they could name him :) I made him using the Russ the Chick in an Egg pattern. Isn't he cute? I made him with baby-safe eyes - they are made of yarn instead of plastic so babies can't choke on them. I'm not a huge fan of how the eyes look in comparison to my usual plastic ones, but they are much safer and this will go to a baby.

So, this guy has a trick up his sleeve ... check it out!
He flips inside out to become...
An egg! So he can "hatch" to be the chick :) Isn't it cute!
This is what he looks like from the bottom. The hole actually makes for a good puppet to get the attention of a baby. Believe me - I tested it out on my nephew and it's the first one of my animals that he cared anything about. We think it's the contrast in the yellow with black eyes. Either way, it got his attention :)

Like I said, I made this for a friend's kids, so I'll try to get pictures of them with it and report back on how much they liked it. At the very least, I will have to make one for my nephew ... and maybe myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!