Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekly Pinspirations

I've been all about trying out pins lately. I'm not sure what spawned the urge, but it's been ongoing so hopefully i can keep up the momentum :)
I came across this pin a while ago and didn't think much of it, but I've noticed that my house shoes have a little aroma going on so I decided to give this a try.
I'm not a tea drinker, so I picked this box up at Aldi just for this purpose (it cost like $1.17 or something for the whole box). I went with the lemon green tea in hopes that it would make them smell a bit more like lemon and less like tea (again, I'm not a tea person).
I put the tea bags in the toes of my shoes when I went to bed and checked them in the morning. I will say that when I first sniffed them, the foot smell was gone, so I thought it had worked. That was about as far as it got. I wore these around that morning while I was getting ready and by the time I left an hour later, they smelled like feet again. So this works well ... if you don't intend to wear your shoes ever again. I was not impressed. I definitely count this pin as busted.

This second "pinspiration" I read once on one of those annoyingly long pins with the images and little tips. Of course since it was long and annoying, I didn't pin it and therefore I can't find it now. So just trust me, I read this on pinterest. This one said that if your hair has a lot of static, rub a ball of aluminum foil on your head to counteract it. Well, the other day I was sitting at work and my hair was so static-filled it was driving me nuts! It was sticking to my face and neck and looking ridiculous, so I decided to give this a try.
I grabbed some aluminum foil from the lunch area and wadded it up into a ball. Then I started rubbing my head. I rubbed the outside of my hair and even put the ball inside a bit, all with the best of hopes.
I think some of these "tip" pins are made by people who just want you to look like an idiot. As you can see below, this actually MADE THE STATIC WORSE! So not only did I look like a total weirdo (luckily no one saw me), but I had more static in my hair because of it. Needless to say, I was not happy.
So, don't try either of these pins! lol This is the first time in my Weekly Pinspirations that the pins didn't work out at all, but if you never try, you never know, right? So take my trials as your lesson and don't try these yourself. It will save you some unneeded embarrassment, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!