Sunday, September 1, 2013

Crochet Update: Jungle Friends Finger Puppet Gang

So a friend of mine (the father of two of my favorite little people) asked me at the beginning of August if I could make some finger puppets for a project he was working on for his kids. The kids and mom were on vacation until August 28th, and he wanted it to be a surprise for when they came home. He told me it was Noah's Ark themed, so any animals would do. Needless to say I jumped at the request :) I immediately got busy searching for finger puppet patterns. The only ones I could find that were doable turned out to be this jungle animal set:
This is the collection I came up with :) I ended up with a zebra, a lion, a lioness, 2 monkeys and an elephant. I used free patterns from Moogly that I found through Ravelry for the lionsthe monkeys and the zebra. I tried to use another free pattern for an elephant, but it was really not well written and no matter how hard I tried I could not get it to come out. So I just free-handed one. I like how the ears and nose came out, but I just couldn't get the eyes to not look angry. That's why I only made one, lol. The zebra took me about 3 hours to make, no joke. That's why there's only one of those.
Overall, I'm really happy with how this little collection came out. I let my nephew test them out just to make sure they were ok with the kiddos and he loved them, so I take that as a success :) He liked them so much that I think I'll have to make some more for him. I just hope my other little guys like them as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!