Friday, December 27, 2013

FO Friday: Meet The Stylish Nadine!

I'm so excited to have this as an unexpected finished object this week - and it's the last FO Friday of the year! I'm so glad I got this finished and it gets the distinction of the last one of the year :)
Nadine is a fashionable young pig, and as such likes to switch up her hair style as the mood strikes. So once I made Nadine herself, I made her a selection of wigs to accessorize to the fullest :)
 Nadine herself is seriously the cutest little knitted pig ever! My sister kept threatening to steal her and called her "the perfect pig"! She's such a cute size and she's so symmetrical! I just love it. I made her using the Pigs With Wigs pattern from Knitting Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec. And yes, I will confess I purchased this book mostly just for this one pattern - it was totally worth it!
The pattern includes 4 different wigs: a bouffant, a bob, an afro and a mohawk. I actually made the piggy back at the beginning of September, but I wanted to wait to unveil her til I had all the wigs finished. I have them listed in the order that I made them. I started with the bouffant, and I went with white so it would be oh so Marie Antoinette. I wish I could make some type of removable beauty mark to go with it :) Then came the others. Each wig has i-cord straps that you just tie on.
The other nerdy part of this project is that it is made entirely of Cascade 220 Superwash yarn, lol. I'm sure most people out there don't mind mixing types of yarn when making a toy, but I'm a purist I guess so I just had to make them all out of the same. It worked out though, because all of these yarns were technically in my stash and purchased for other projects! The pink and cream were from The Ruffled Cloche Hat, the orange and yellow were from The Not So Itty-Bitty Giraffe, and the blue/purple was purchased to make a sweater (I have 10 skeins of this stuff, so I could certainly spare a wigs' worth). In fact, I only have 1 color of Cascade 220 Superwash that I didn't use - the red from my Rosie Hat. Maybe Nadine will get another wig later on :)
I'm seriously in love with this project. It was a nice satisfying project to pick up in between other things I was working on over the last few months, even more so because you get newly excited about it with each new wig! I love that this was my first Anna Hrachovec pattern, and it really gave me a great stepping stone into the Mochimochi Land world. She has such incredibly creative and cute designs. She has the most fantastic imagination! You should check out her books and countless other patterns, you'll be hooked too, I promise.

So that's my final FO Friday for the year - sigh - it feels so good! I'm so glad I was able to finish so make long standing projects over the last few months. It's such a nice feeling to get them done - I'm down to only 5 UFOs! That is really a big accomplishment for me, and 2 of those projects have hit a snag that I need to sit down and sort out to be able to finish. I am determined though, so they will hopefully not be too much longer in completion.

That's it for me this week :) I'm not sure if it's even still going on (I think she's been sick), but you can check out Tami's Amis' Blog to see what others have made this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!