Friday, March 7, 2014

FO Friday: Confusion and B-Days

Well, I had a pretty awful day on Wednesday, which of course meant a prescription of lots of knitting :) I finished my moose!
This is the Confused Moose pattern from Knitting Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec. I've always thought this pattern was cute, so I finally decided to tackle it. This little guy was the perfect antidote to a really bad week at work.
Just look at his little face! I used all Caron Simply Soft yarn except one. The simply soft colors are chocolate, strawberry, blue mint, pistachio, orchid, mango, and black. The antlers were made with Bernat Satin Solids in Sable. I picked all these yarns because they are all similar in weight, so I knew the birds wouldn't end up different sizes :) I just love how they all came out.
And it's just as cute from the back :)
And just check his little feet! I'm so excited about my moose and his bird friends. Just like all of my knitted animals, this is one I will be keeping for myself :) I think it's because they take so much longer than the crocheted animals, I become more attached to them. So this guy will be keeping me company in my sewing room.
I also made a gift for a good friend of mine :) These are the Lacy Patterned Boot Cuffs which is a free pattern on Ravelry. They were specifically requested by my friend Tara, and she is always giving me so much I just had to fulfill the request. Plus it was her birthday just a few days ago!
These were made with Red Heart Soft yarn in Off White. I made them 51 stitches around (hopefully they fit!), and I started with foundation single crochet - other than that I just followed the pattern. I think they came out great and I hope Tara likes them.
So that's what I've finished this week :) I've been working on a few other items as well, but that's a post for another day. Head over to Tami's Amis' Blog to see what lovely things others have made this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!