Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy YarnsDay!

I've made a few yarn related purchases in the last few days, but the excitement is always renewed when the fresh new skeins show up in the mail!
Occasionally, WEBS (yarn.com) runs Facebook Follower only specials on specific skeins of yarn. They will post about it on their wall that a certain yarn will ring up at a certain price when you use a certain code (that sounds so ridiculous, lol). I've seen them post a few of these deals, but I hadn't decided to pounce on until last Thursday. They were offering Cascade Sierra Quatro yarn for only $3.99! I'm making my Miette cardigan out of Cascade Sierra, so I knew I would like it. The only difference between what I already had and the Quatro is that Quatro is a twisted/multi-colored version. Normally I'm not a big fan of variegated or multi-colored yarns, but luckily Cascade makes Sierra Quatro in multi-tonal too :) So I snagged 6 skeins of Chili Pepper colorway to make a sweater with. I don't have a red sweater yet, so I figured it would fill a nice gap at a nice price. I have yet to officially decide on a pattern to use this on - I'm thinking maybe the Hey, Teach! Cardigan, which is a free pattern on Knitty.com, or maybe even another Miette if I end up loving the one I'm currently making. We'll see :)

Also today I received a skein of Prism Kid Silque yarn in Deep Purple. I was given this skein by Marina who blogs over at One Big Thing. She had listed it up for grabs in the Stash Diet Swap Flickr Group and was kind enough to send it to me :) It's such a rich and pretty color! You can't see it in the photo, but it's very silky and fuzzy. I'm thinking it will make a lovely scarf - just a simple straight knitted one that shows off the beautiful yarn. Thank you so much, Marina! It's prettier in person than I thought and I can't wait to make it up.

I also got to make a few fun purchases while on my anniversary vacation this weekend :) A trip to Joann's AND a trip to Hobby Lobby - that's a vacation to me, lol. So my stash has increased yet again. I'm now set up for plenty of projects in the next few months, even a few gifts are set to go :) I'll definitely be quelling my yarn buying for a while, but it sure was fun. I can't wait to make some of these up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!