Friday, April 18, 2014

FO Friday: Meet Jeffrey Duck

I officially finished my Easter animals this week :) Unfortunately, I didn't get to take pictures of my bunny, but you will definitely see him soon. In the meantime, meet Jeffrey Duck:
Look at his cute little face! I just love this guy.
Jeffrey was made from the Silly Duck pattern by Fuzzy Mitten. I used Red Heart Value Texture in a nice aqua color for the body, Caron Sayelle in baby yellow for the beak and feet, and accessorized with some light purple Red Heart Super Saver - all of these yarns were in my stash and were either given to me, cost a stupid cheap amount at a thrift store (the Sayelle was 25¢ for the full skein), or were purchased more than a decade ago (the purple has been around since I was sin high school ... yeah), so I'm pretty much counting this guy as free to make :) Hooray!
I did have a bit of trouble with the weight distribution, so he doesn't like to stand up unaided (thus the clothing shaver in the photo, lol). I love how all his colors look together and I just love his body shape! The textured yarn came out better than I had hoped. It's just fuzzy enough without being impossible to see any stitch definition. You can even see some of the ribbed design on the wings.
I love the pattern on the wings as it seems to aid in the wings holding their shape. I love posing them :) This is one of my favorite shots.
I waited until Barbara Prime put up a tutorial on how to attach the beak and feet and I am so glad I did! The tutorial for the feet is here and the beak is here. It made a huge difference in how these pieces look - I had already attached the beak, but I cut it off and did it again to make it look right. I also got to use my tiny pompom maker for the top of the hat :)
So, that's what I have to show this week :) I just love my little Easter buddies and I can't wait to show my bunny. Head over to Tami's Amis' Blog to see what other lovely things have been made this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!