Thursday, November 27, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Rollin, Rollin, Rollin ...

Well, it's been one of those weeks where you have lots going on and you just can't get your blogging done, lol. I had a bad day for the record books on Monday (I felt like a character in a children's book - it was that ridiculous), so I decided a knitted animal project was in order. Is it a gift for anyone? Nope. I just needed something cute and frivolous to occupy my mind. So I finally cast on Roland :)
My sister bought me Huge and Huggable Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec a few months ago. The book is filled with her usual fun and quirky creatures, but this time they are designed with super bulky sized yarn. I've had a bunch of skeins of Lion Brand Hometown USA in my stash for years from a rather epic Walmart clearance sale (they were $1 to $1.50 per skein!), and it just so happened I had almost the exact color ways to make my own Rollie poly :) I've actually done very little work with such big yarn before - never in knitting. It's been a bit if a challenge, but it's simple once you get it going (starting up was definitely the hardest part). Over this week I've finished the body and now I'm onto the shell. It's definitely huge! I think he will be a fun pillow to have around when he's done.

So that's all I can show from this weeks work. I'm still plugging away at gifts, but it's nice to switch it up for morale's sake once in a while, lol. Ever had to do that before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!