Saturday, April 11, 2015

FO: Fuzzy Mitten Mystery KAL - Timmy Turtle

You guys - I HAVE SOLVED A MYSTERY! Well, not really, lol, but the mystery is over. The Fuzzy Mitten Mystery Knit Along animal is...
A very cute turtle! My suspicions were correct :) I've named this little guy Timmy (original, I know), because he reminds me of a little turtle just going off to school. For those of you just tuning in, for the last 6 weeks I have been participating in the Fuzzy Mitten Mystery Knit-Along - Barbara Prime (the designer of Fuzzy Mitten) releases one clue per week and each clue contains just a piece or two of the final animal and you have no idea what you are making until the end. This is thee second year I've done this mystery and it did not disappoint. The final clue was released yesterday and it was how to make the front of his shell (which I think is my favorite part!).
His shell is actually removable - the front has little buttoned straps that remind me of overalls and they hold the shell up on his body. He also has a cute little tail :) For my little guy, I used Everyday Soft Worsted in Shamrock (the lighter green), Loops and Threads Impeccable in Kelly Green (the darker green - ugh! see my thoughts on this yarn here) and Red Heart With Lovffodil for his yellow extras.
I love all the little details in Fuzzy Mitten patterns, and they all include some kind of item of clothing. This time he not only had his shell (kind of necessary for a turtle), he also came with a rain hat and rain boots pattern :) I used faux-tortoise shell buttons (oh, the irony) mostly because my button stash is very limited on buttons this size and these looked best. I went with yellow thread just to tie into the rest of his accessories. I did do his smile a bit different than the pattern - the pattern has you follow the cleft to make a sort of W shaped mouth, but when I went to embroider it I just thought a simple half circle rounded him off well. I love the subtle patterns on each piece - the stitch design on his shell, the lighter green stripes on his front, the ribbed straps - so cute!
Hooray! Another mystery completed and I could not be happier with my finished new friend :) These are always so much fun I can hardly wait until I get to join in again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!