Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Working on Golden Oldies

So, a miraculous thing happened this past weekend - I actually had the desire to finally pick up my Emelie cardigan, lol. I started this back in September, and managed to finish the body of the sweater at the beginning of December. I'm a smidge worried about having enough yarn, so I wanted to knit the button bands and neckband before making the sleeves, so I can just make them as long as I have yarn for - this meant having to do lots of counting and such for the button bands, which I really don't enjoy doing. My least favorite part about knitting is the math, hands down. Anyway, not only did I need to count out the button bands, I also needed good lighting to do it since I knit this in fingering weight black yarn. Most of my knitting time is at night after work, so it became a hassle and I just ended up setting this aside while I worked on other projects. After cleaning up my sewing room, I had a sudden desire to finally get this thing finished up, so I buckled down and knit my button bands!
I'm sorry for the terrible quality of the picute - black is seriously so hard to photograph any details on. I spent my Saturday evening knitting both button bands - I even learned how to do a 3 stitch button hole :) Once I finished the bands, I looked at the pattern ... and noticed that I was supposed to knit the neck band first! UGH! I seriously can't believe that I didn't even think about it. The button band is supposed to continue up the edge of the neck band as well to tie it all together ... so these bands will have to be unraveled and redone :( Bummer!
Before I unravel things, I decided to go ahead and make the neckband so I only have to pick up stitches along that extra area and not the whole thing again. Smarts! So, my sweater looks like this at the moment, and hopefully tonight I will get the chance to unravel and redo. I'm really excited about this sweater now! This is my first fingering weight sweater, and I'm hoping I will actually be able to wear it in the blistering Florida heat (indoors, that is) without wanting to die. My wool sweaters have already been packed away, and I've kind of lost steam on my Agatha sweater for the same reason - it's in the 90s already here. Ugh.
In other news, here is a sneak peek at what else I was working on this week - I made a dress! I finished it up last night and now I just have to photograph it, so stay tuned for details soon :)
I've been working on all these projects while listening to what may possibly be the best book I've ever read - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Oh my gosh, this book is so good! This is a 63 hour audio book (!!!), and in the past 2 weeks I've managed to listen to 49 hours of it. The amazing thing is that I have not once wished it would just get to the point. I have loved every minute of it ... for 49 hours so far! That's pretty incredible. I can't wait to listen to what happens next!
I've also worked on my Geek-A-Long square as well as a new project I have yet to mention here. I've been pretty busy! If you'd like to see what others are up to, head over to Gracey's Goodies and click around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!