Thursday, May 21, 2015

Big Craftsy Memorial Day Sale (Just In Time For the Outfit Along!)

So, my favorite yarn supply store is having a sweet sale, and I just had to post about it.
Craftsy
Craftsy is not only a great place for online classes on different crafts - it's also a fantastic place to get good deals on yarn, fabric, and art supplies. They get new items all the time, and always put them up at much less than their retail elsewhere - going even lower during special holiday sales like this weekend. I had to take a look around, and I got a sweet deal on the perfect yarn for an upcoming project:

I will be participating in the Outfit Along 2015 hosted by Andi of Untangling Knots and Lauren of Lladybird. I tried to participate last year, and I halfway did, life and gauge problems just got in the way and I did not finish in time. This year, I feel much more able to actually meet the deadline since I have a few dress patterns already fitted to me and ready to go. The OAL does have some "official" patterns (McCall's 6887 and Vianne), but those are just the ones that will be shown on either of their blogs and you are welcome to use other patterns - the only requirement is that you finish a dress and a cardigan from June 1st to July 31st. This option of choosing something else works great for me since I have such a crazy time making multiple muslins to get things to fit me. 
So, I will be knitting a Briar Cardigan (shown above) in white and sewing a novelty print Simplicity 1419 with an altered neckline. The 1419 pattern is my go-to at the moment since I've already fitted the daylights out of it, and the Briar may seem really boring but I am SO in need of a plain short sleeve white cardigan in my wardrobe. I have literally dozens of things to wear such a simple sweater with and I am constantly wishing I had one, so now I will :)
This weekend's Craftsy sale is really what made this sweater a possibility because I was able to grab the perfect yarn - FibraNatura Cotton True Sport in Marshmallow - for only $2.75 per skein! I was able to get all the yarn I needed for less than $18 including the shipping. Awesome! I love a good deal. I've read really good things about this yarn, and since it is Pima Cotton I know it will be nice and soft - also the sport weight will be a nice thickness for Florida weather. I'm really excited to get this in my hands :)

So, this is me officially joining in the throng for the Outfit Along. I hope that if you decide to join in that the Craftsy sale helps you on your way as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!