Wednesday, September 16, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Second Sleeve Syndrome and A Gift

It is official - I have finished the first sleeve on my Agatha cardigan! This is the longest sleeve I've ever made, and I will admit that I couldn't wait to get it finished, lol. I've heard of second sock syndrome, but do you think there is a second sleeve syndrome? Equally as detrimental.
I do love the sleeves on this pattern though. I love the lace panels and I love how the decreases look on the underside. I also love how the sleeve looks cuffed (which is how it's designed to be worn). It's funny - I deliberately made the button and neck bands so that they wouldn't feel like a drudgery when the rest of the sweater was finished ... but now the sleeves have taken their place. I guess there's just no avoiding it. Now to make another sleeve :) I want to finish it even more at the moment because the weather is feeling ever so slightly fall-like. I've actually wanted a sweater about mid-day at work, which is unheard of for me. Anyway, I hope to finish this one up soon so I can start on my next projects.
On the sewing front, I've been a little wishy washy. I've cut out a muslin, and taped together a pdf pattern but I have yet to sew up that muslin or trace and cut out a muslin of the other pattern. I just haven't been in the mood to do much more than knit lately. I did have an evening where I made a long awaited gift I promised back in May. I told my mom that I would make her a t-shirt for her birthday since she liked my Floral Plantain so much. She wanted hers made from this red heavy ITY knit that she had a scrap of, but it wasn't enough fabric so the project has waited for a replacement. I stopped by a thrift store I haven't been to in several months last week and came across the exact same fabric but in a royal blue color. I grabbed it and made the executive decision to make the shirt out of this fabric :) I love making the Plantain pattern because it basically requires no brain power at this point having made it so many times.
I finished the shirt in maybe 1.5 hours, and then spoiled the surprise by asking my mom what type of neckline detail she wanted. I had several trims and sent her photos of each to choose from. In the end she chose these blue rosettes that seriously matched the color exactly - this was just meant to be, ya'll. Unfortunately she did not make her choice that evening, so I have not had a chance to sew the roses on yet. So this sits on my dress form waiting until I get it done. My mom tried the plain shirt on and likes it though, so at least I know it will be a success :)
So that's what's going on round these parts this week. Head over to Gracey's Goodies to see what others have in the works.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, second sleeve is totally a thing. ;-D But in my case, it would be both sleeves that never get knit, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, you will get over second sleeve syndrom as the sweater is great! You most certainly want to wear it SOON, :-) All the best! Regula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that purple is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!