Monday, November 13, 2017

Thank You So Much!


I just realized today that I had not posted this yet on the blog! I put out the call for help to get this little guy his eye surgery last Monday, and you guys made it happen in just over 24 hours. How amazing it that?!
I am absolutely blown away and so so grateful for the extraordinary kindness shown by others in this wonderful community of makers (and cat lovers, obviously). As you can see from the widget above, we actually raised $520 for little Bert. Some donations were from friends and family (you know who you are guys, and you are amazing!) but about half of these donations came from people I don't personally know - some even from across the globe! We raised $520 in just 15 donations, and I still to this day get goosebumps thinking about your incredible kindness. I honestly thought that I might raise a few hundred dollars to offset the cost and that it would take a week or so, but it happened in a much bigger way and much faster then I could have hoped for. Bert now has an appointment and his surgery will be this Thursday :) Isn't that awesome?! I know I keep saying that, but I'm kind of speechless, so it's really all I can think of to say.

I will be sure to keep this blog updated with Bert from now on. He's our community kitty now :) I post pics of him frequently on Instagram (@showandtellmeg), so follow me there as well if you're interested in seeing him grow.

Thank you all so much for your donations and for your sharing my post and even just for your good vibes and kind thoughts. I am so grateful for your help and your trust in me that you would help make this possible.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

You are all so kind and generous :) Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

1 comment:

Thanks for joining in the conversation!