Thursday, June 1, 2023

Me Made May 2023: Wrap Up

Well, here we are - another Me Made May has come and gone. I didn't post a pledge anywhere, but I mentally had one. I wanted to wear something I made everyday plus finish my Honeybee Cardigan and sew something new. I made it almost entirely - I forgot to take a photo one day, but I did wear me mades. I also finished my cardigan, but I did not manage to sew anything else. I had a bit of personal turmoil, so I'm fine with the things I did manage. It's also been so nice to be back to my usual size again and be able to wear more of my wardrobe (which I never got rid of, thank goodness in this one instance). So here is what I wore during May of 2023:
  1. Sparkle Peony Agnes Top, thrifted skirt
  2. Eyelet Parisian TopNavy Peggy Skirt
  3. Sewist PJ Shorts
  4. Red Hollyburn Skirt, RTW top
  5. Burgundy Melissa Skirt, mended RTW top
  6. Forest Friends Sorrel Top, thrifted skirt
  7. Don't Let the Bird Do the Dishes Dress
  8. Navy Peggy Skirt, RTW top
  9. Brown Melissa Skirt, thrifted top
  10. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  11. Pinwheel Plan-Frew Top, thrifted skirt
  12. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  13. Burgundy Melissa Skirt, RTW top
  14. Blue Beignet Skirt, mended RTW top
  15. Blue Floral Sorrel TopPurple Hollyburn Skirt
  16. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  17. Blue Floral Sorrel TopPurple Hollyburn Skirt
  18. Burgundy Melissa Skirt, mended RTW top
  19. Navy Peggy Skirt, thrifted top
  20. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  21. Yaletown Dress
  22. Navy Peggy Skirt, RTW top
  23. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  24. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  25. Burgundy Melissa Skirt, RTW top
  26. Honeybee Cardigan, Eyelet Parisian TopNavy Peggy Skirt
  27. Brown Melissa Skirt, Ryan Adams T-Shirt
  28. Mint Gingham Dress
  29. Brown Melissa Skirt, RTW T-Shirt
  30. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
  31. Purple Hollyburn Skirt, thrifted top
Well, there you have it - I wear the same skirts ALL the time, lol. I'm a little ashamed to admit just how much I wear the same skirts, but since I've been changing size lately I am more limited in what I can wear on my bottom half. It's a good thing, but seeing how often I wore my Purple Hollyburn Skirt is a little crazy. Admittedly, many of these skirts have been put away in a box for a year because I had gained weight and didn't fit in them, so it's been really nice to get to wear them again. I'm still so happy with so many of the things I've made over the years and they are still going strong. It's worth it to put the time in to finish your sewn items well! They will wash and wear so well.

I also am thrilled that I FINALLY finished my Honeybee Cardigan. This project was just cursed, but I persevered and I love it now that it's done. I only got to wear it once since it's summer in Florida, but I know I will get a lot of wear out of this in the future, an d I will share all the particulars (with better photos) of it here soon.

So that's another Me Made May done! How did you do? Did you complete your pledge? Learn anything new about your wardrobe? I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!