Monday, October 30, 2023

FO: Witchy Gable Top

 

I'm jumping the line by posting this since it's actually my most recent make, but since it's Halloween this week I figured I'm justified. Are you tired of seeing Gable tops yet? Hopefully not because this will not be the last, lol. 

I found this fabric in the clearance at Joann's back in July and they had 2 yards left and I paid $8 for it all. This is a cotton spandex jersey from their Pop! line. Normally orange is not a color I ever wear, but this had witch legs, hats, and cauldrons, so ... it was going to happen.
This time around with the pattern, I managed to mix up the front and the back, so I had to unpick the neckline and sew it again after I figured that out. Don't be like me and think that you will still have the notches - you're going to cut them off. Put a pin in the back or something. You can thank me later.
Since I don't ever wear this color, I didn't have any matching thread. I just decided to go with white thread all over and I think it looks nice. I made my same alterations on this version - narrowed the shoulders by about 3/4 inch each side, narrowed the sleeves, and shortened the length with a 2 inch deep hem.
My girls and I wore out Halloween shirts to school and work one day, so we stopped by the local pumpkin patch for some photos.

They both love going to the pumpkin patch, so having us all dressed for the occasion was extra fun for them. We looked around for the most warty pumpkin and had a great time.

This has turned into my Halloween "costume" this year since I let myself off the hook on the Reency dress. I'm glad about it though, this was cute at our church Trunk of Treat party on Saturday and I just added my butterfly wings from last year (which will be my eternal fall back costume now). Gable top + linen Fiore + thrifted witchy shoes = Halloween done :) This one was cute and comfy and I'm so glad I managed to get it made up.

Summary:

Fabric: 1.5 yards Scattered Witch Jersey Knit from Joann - $8.00

Pattern: Gable Top by Jennifer Lauren Handmade

Notions: Twill tape - Free

Time: 3 hours

Total Cost: $ 8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!