Wednesday, December 13, 2023

WIP Wednesday: Finishing Touches on Gift Making

I've been working pretty diligently to finish up all my gift knits in time to pop them in the mail before Christmas. I managed to finish all the machine knitting on Sunday and then do some machine embroidery. Here is a sneaky peek of my makes...

I have a machine that will embroider, but my mom has a Brother Stellaire, so very much fancier than mine, lol. I opted to make the patches on her machine Sunday night and after a practice run on Spiderman, these all turned out great. Shopping for embroidery files is interesting because a lot of the result seems to depend on your machine, so I'm glad I used my moms new one instead of mine for this part.

I'm now working on sewing everything together and getting it officially done while I wait for 2 patches I ordered from Joann. I made an order specifically for these patches but I added on some fray check and a few random notions just because I was making an order. Well the other things have all arrived but the patches haven't even shipped yet. Of course. So if they don't get here soon then I will have to just machine embroider them as well if I want to make the Christmas deadline with shipping them to North Carolina. Everyone think good thoughts for me!

Are your gift makes going to be done on time? Let me know what you're making too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!