Thursday, April 18, 2024

WIP Wednesday: Almost Finished Rose Street and Video Planning

The past few weeks has seen a lot of knitting on my Rose Street Cardigan, and it is almost finished :) I managed to finish knitting the sleeves, which I knit flat kind of on accident. I completely knit the ribbing on the first sleeve before I realized the sleeves were meant to be knit in the round. Whoops. Not a big deal though at all. I currently have the sweater and sleeves blocking and then I will be sewing it all together and I will have a finished cardigan! Just in time for it to be 90 degrees on the regular, lol. 

While my Rose Street is drying, I decided to start my next project - the Dalloway Blouse, which is also by Sydney Crabaugh. I've had this in mind to make for a while, and I realized how hot it is now so I decided to just go ahead and make it up. This is a vintage Jiffy pattern from the 1920s, so I'm hoping it will go by very quickly. I'm making it up in Silk City Fibers Bambu 7 that I grabbed from Lion Brand on sale last summer. This is the Persimmon colorway and I have 2100 yards of it, so you will probably see it in something else later as well. I know this swatch photo isn't great, but I got gauge and I'm excited to see how this knits up.

I've also been working on a bit of sewing for my next YouTube video where I'm chopping up a knit dress to make a Vera Top, so stay tuned for that if you are interested in the process. I have filmed the beginning of the next several videos, but they will take a bit longer to have a complete project. So I'm trying to figure out what kind of videos I can put up while I work on those. Any subjects you want me to talk about? I'm open to suggestions!

So that's what's going on 'round here lately. Anything new and exciting going on in your making? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!