Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bloom Review: skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels

On my day off this week, I decided to have a Bloom Ambassador box fueled home spa day :) I used as many of my products as I could from the box that I need to review, so most of my reviews will have pictures from the same time since I did them back to back :) I had a lot of fun. Isn't it nice to just have a little time to pamper yourself? I think it is :)
Anyway, this is one of the more intriguing product from my box this month" skyn Iceland's Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. The whole skyn Iceland line is designed for 'stressed skin' and these in particular are supposed to be ab instant pick me up for your under eyes. The package says to just put these on for 10 minutes and it will diminish the look of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles caused by stress, lack of sleep, or just life in general :) I have to admit, I was excited to try these babies out. I mean, those are some big claims - and I'm always tired!
I started with a totally 'fresh from the shower' clean face. I wanted to use them before I put any makeup on, but i guess you could really use them anytime. So, here's me right out of the shower.
As you can see, I have a serious dark circle problem. My doctors have told me it's due to my allergies and other internal issues. All I know is I've tried many a product that promises to help with dark circles and I have never had luck with any of them. Mostly, I was wanting to see how this product helped with my latest hang up - I have under eye wrinkles! When did that happen? I noticed them only a week or so ago when I used an unfortunate eye shadow color that really made them stand out. I mean, I'm only 27! I should not have wrinkles! Anyway, deep breath Megan, it's ok. It's a part of life. Get over it. So, these firming gels really came at the perfect time for me as I really want to see those babies tighten up.
I felt pretty silly with these things on. First off, I think I technically placed them too high, but I really wanted them to attack those wrinkles. They are very comfortable (unless you putt hem ridiculously high up like I did - I couldn't look down while I had them on lol), and they feel really nice and cool. Even if they don't firm things up, it was nice to just lay there with the cooling effect - I can see how they help with stress. So, I laid down with my hair in my oh-so-fashionable towel and my eye gels on for 10 minutes.
And here's the after effect. They were just as easy to take off as they were to put on - they are actually a gel so they don't adhere to the skin so much that they pull - that would defeat the purpose. They just gently peel off. As you can see, my dark circles are still there (just as expected *sigh* maybe one day...) but I did notice an improvement on the wrinkles.
Here's a side by side comparison. The wrinkle in the bottom photos (this shot was taken from below to really show the texture) show a real improvement :) The crease made by the wrinkle is much less pronounced! It is definitely still there, but not as deep and therefor not as noticeable.

I give this product a 5 out of 5 stars! These really performed as they promised! The skin under my eyes was tightened up after just the 10 minutes. It didn't fix my dark circles, but it probably would on someone who didn't have all the bad internal stuff that causes them like I do. Plus these felt fantastic while they were on - really a nice little pampering :) And for only $30 for 8 pairs they are very affordable. I highly recommend them!

Go here to pick up some of these for yourself!

*I received the skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels for free to facilitate my review, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!