Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bloom Review: Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum

My at home spa day continued after using my skyn Iceland eye gels by transitioning into skin prep for makeup. I am a huge believer in products with sunscreen. Generally I use moisturizer that has spf in it, but sometimes (as you may know) that's not an option. The Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum was included in my Bloom Ambassador box and I decided to add that to my prepping routine :)
I will say, I had a previous experience with Supergoop products. I purchased their Everyday Sun Protecting Lotion for my cruise back in July and quickly found out that it was not quite enough spf for my fair skin. I still burned - granted I was outside for several hours IN July IN the Caribbean so basically one of the most difficult places to protect your skin. So, I gave it the benefit of the doubt. The Supergoop products are designed for everyday use - not lounging on a beach in the Caribbean surrounded by water. So, just know that before you make the same mistake I did. I got burned ... literally.

So, back to the serum here. I followed the directions and put this on my clean face. Bloom says that this works best on normal to dry skin and normally that would be a bad thing for me. Luckily since I hadn't applied any lotion yet, this kind of worked as a moisturizer. It wasn't oily or goopy like you would think of a normal sunscreen, though it did have that tell tale sunscreen smell. It went on great and my face just felt like I had used my regular moisturizer.
See :) I look nice and moisturized and ready to apply the rest of my makeup. The only thing - I couldn't really test out the spf properties. Even though I live in Florida, the sun isn't at full strength due to the time of year. Judging by the other products performance back in July, I would bet that this works very well for the sunlight you may encounter on a normal day.

I give this product 5 out of 5 stars! This went on really nicely and worked as a good moisturizer. It didn't make me feel greasy or breakout or anything that a sunscreen would normally do to my face. I really just forgot I had it on and that is perfect for me :) It only takes a small amount, so it would last a good long time which makes the $20 price tag very fair. You should never forget a good sunscreen with your daily routine and this one fits the bill.

Go here to get this product for yourself!

*I received the Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum for free to facilitate my review, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!