Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bloom Review: Jonathan Dirt Texturizing Paste

Here was the final product from my Bloom Ambassador box that I used on my at home spa day - Jonathan Product Dirt Texturizing Paste. 
I've received samples of this product before but I never really knew what to do with it. Since I have such long and slick hair, it's never seemed like much use to even try it. But since it was in the box, I had to at least give it a go.

It's a very thick, almost waxy-like substance that actually gives when you press on it. The directions say to take a small amount and emulsify it in your hands (basically rub it into your fingers until there is now color anymore) and then apply it to your hair.

I decided to try for some root volume which is one of the options it mentions on Bloom. I took the paste and applied it by kind of pinching my roots upward. Next, I blow dried by getting as close as possible to my root line. It looked something like this:
How's that for a self timer self portrait? :) I made sure to lean far over and get my round brush all the way up to the root line.
This was with just one side done and you can clearly see that it did give me some good volume. Sadly, I had to still brush my hair...
... which pretty much took away any of the volume.
My hair looked fine with the paste, but it did cause more tangling than normal. I also talked to a stylist friend of mine ans she said that texture paste isn't supposed to be used in long hair, which makes sense to me now. This was my finished look after all the different products I used on my at home spa day.

I give this product 3 out of 5 stars. The texturizing paste really didn't do anything to change my texture of my hair. I couldn't really even use it as a volumizer either, so it really was of mo use to me. If you have shorter hair, then this would surely be a good product, but it just isn't right for me. I bet my husband will love it though :)

Go here to get this product for yourself!

*I received the Jonathan Dirt Paste for free to facilitate my review, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!