Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crochet Update: It's a Alien!

There is a new alien in town...
This guy, I call Mort :) Isn't he cute? I just love his mouth - that's my favorite part. This pattern is from the book Crocheted Softies by Stacey Trock and I just love it.
Sorry for the whited out eyes in the photos - photoshop did not like that is eyes are the same color as my backdrop.
Isn't his little skirt thing funny? It's the same method as doing the ruffle on Willis the Monster.

This guy was quite an experience to make. I got my first crochet related injury. I was attaching the pupil in his eye when I noticed a red dot on the white yarn. It took me a second but I realized I was bleeding! I had sliced my thumb open with the plastic brad that fastens the eye on - you make the whole eye first and then try to shove the pieces up inside to put them on so I couldn't see what I was doing. Luckily the yarn was white so I was able to quickly squirt some hydrogen peroxide on it to get the blood off and that worked like a charm. If that hadn't worked, I would have had to redo the entire eye and that would have sucked. Also, I really need to read my patterns better - the shaft of under the eye was supposed to be green like the body but I didn't realize it until it was way too late to fix it.

In spite of my construction issues I still think he came out super cute :) Another FreshStitches pattern for the win!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have been sick! What can I do to help? I can bring soup by or smthg else that sounds good to you?? Your animals/aliens are SOOO cute! You're so talented. Your kids will love all the fun things you make for them :) Thanks for sharing all your creations on here! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!