Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fantabulous Food! Peanut Butter Cream Pie

I ended up watching Man vs Food on TV earlier while cleaning my house and it was an episode set in Sarasota, FL. Adam Richman went to an Amish restaurant called Yoder's and one of the things they are most famous for are their pies. When Adam asked the pie maker what their most popular pie was, she said without a doubt it is the Peanut Butter Cream Pie - I was immediately intrigued. Then they showed how they made it and I knew I would be able to make at least a similar version. Here is what I came up with:

Yoder's Peanut Butter Cream Pie:
Ingredients:
1. Make sure your pie crust is baked and then completely cooled. First thing is to make your pudding. I made this recipe for homemade pudding, but you could honestly use cook and serve jell-o pudding as well (I would have if I had any in the house). Put your pudding in the fridge and let it cool completely to thicken, I had to cool mine for about 1 hour.

2. Next make your peanut butter crumbles. Simply combine brown sugar and peanut butter and mix with a mixer. It ended up being about 1 tbsp of peanut butter to 1/2 cup of brown sugar. You definitely want to make sure that there is more brown sugar so it stays crumbly.
3. Go ahead and make your whipped cream. You could use cool whip or ready whip or something like that, but nothing is really as good as freshly make whipped cream :) Make sure to refrigerate the whipped cream while you wait for the other parts to be cool enough.

4. Once your pudding has cooled sufficiently, it's time to assemble your pie :) Make a layer of peanut butter crumbles in the bottom of the pie crust and pour all your pudding on top of it.
Top the pudding with peanut butter crumbles.
Smooth your whipped cream over the top. and the sprinkle more peanut butter crumbles.
And there you have it :) I didn't get a pretty after shot of just a single slice - we were a little too excited and ended up eating it while it was still goopy, so it looked a little more like peanut butter pie pudding. It tasted delicious though :) I highly recommend trying this at home. And don't skimp on the homemade whipped cream! It makes it SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!