Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Since I have been living as a refugee for the past few weeks, I was able to get quite a bit of knitting and crocheting done :) If there was a bright side to my situation, that would have been it lol. I had geared up to take a bit of a break in projects since I have so many things I need/want to do around my house, but this gave me a chance to get a good fix before setting it all aside. I finished several items and there are also several others that are surprise/secret projects, but I have some that are still wips.
It doesn't look like much right now (it's little more than a cast on edge with a couple of rows lol), but this will be the Mini-Reversible Duck to Bunny pattern by Susan B. Anderson. This will be my first knitted animal with just myself and a pattern (i.e. no Craftsy class to talk me through it). Since I've done a few of Susan's patterns now, I feel confident that it will go well. I'm using the leftover yarn from my Not So Itty-Bitty Giraffe on the duck - Cascade 220 Superwash in Daffodil and Orange - and I'll use the same yarn in Aran colorway for the bunny. I'm very excited to get more of this done - it's reversible!
This is a real blast from the past. I am ashamed to say that I started this scarf at the end of July LAST YEAR! lol This is the Cambridge scarf from the Knit Lab Craftsy class. I got pretty far with it last year, but I ran out of yarn and it still wasn't as long as I wanted it. So there it sat. Luckily I used Caron Simply Soft in Gray Heather which is 100% acrylic and therefor has no dye lot, so I was able to just go to the store and buy another skein and it matched perfect.
I really love this scarf and I am so excited to finish it. I decided to pick this up just after I finished my giraffe - I just had the itch to finish projects, ya know? - and I've been working on it steadily for the last few weeks. I am really amazed at how much faster I am at knitting. That giraffe really did wonders for my knitting speed. I love the texture of this piece and it's just interesting enough to not be boring. It measures 60" right now, but I'm thinking it will end up being at least 72" or longer before I'm happy with it. I am determined to be able to wear it once it gets cold, but let's face it ... I live in Florida so I have several months for even a chill lol. But I can dream, right?

So that's what I have going right now (at least the ones I am at liberty to show now, ooh so secretive). If you want to see what others are working on, check out Tami's Amis' Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the scarf and color! I seem to favor Caron Simply Soft for the majority of my scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf, looks lovely and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!