Friday, November 15, 2013

Craftsy Supplies Sale: Up To 85% Off (And My Own Deals)

Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com
This morning I woke up to find Craftsy is having a big sale on their supplies. They have their usual discounted prices even lower and some yarns are as low as 85% off! I took this great opportunity to grab a few new yarns for some projects I've planned and snagged a new project too :)
The first thing I grabbed was the Blue Angel Shawl Knit-Along :) This is a pretty shawl pattern that comes with the yarn to make it and it is marked down 75%. The yarn is Cascade Heritage in Como Blue and with the discount you get the pattern and the yarn for less than just a skein of the yarn would cost. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me :) 
I'm on a bit of a shawl kick now that I finished my Hope Shawlette. Shawls are pretty and add a nice touch of luxury to you day (at least I feel that way). I've been watching the Mastering Lace Shawls class on Craftsy lately and it has me very excited to knit the patterns that came with the class. I have quite a big yarn stash, but it doesn't include much lace or fingering weight yarn and the little it does is just cheapo stuff. Since shawls take a big chunk of time for me to make and they will touch my face and neck, I wanted to get some "fancy" yarn to make my class projects with. This sale was a great opportunity for that :) I grabbed 2 skeins of FIlatura di Crosa Nirvana yarn in the Cove Grey colorway for $5.36 each. This yarn is 100% merino wool that is mercerized, so not only is it soft like cashmere but it has a nice sheen too :) One skein wouldn't be quite enough for a shawl, so I got two just to be sure.
I also grabbed 2 skeins of Cascade Alpaca Lace for $4.68 each. This yarn is 100% baby alpaca - I've never worked with alpaca before, but this yarn is very highly rated by Ravelry users so I'm excited to give it a try. I got one skein in the Provence colorway (which is the burnt orange color) and one skein in Black.

I'm still not sure which shawl will be which color yet, but I'm excited to have some options now :) If you want to grab some nice yarns at a great price, head over here and look around. They have some yarns as low as $1.49 each! And let me know what you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!