Monday, November 18, 2013

Crochet Update: A Thanksgiving Turkey!

Yesterday, I really wasn't feeling well. I ended up just hanging out on the couch almost the whole day. While I was there, I wanted to at least get something done, so I decided to finally make myself a turkey :)
This is the Alvin the Turkey pattern from FreshStitches. It's rated as intermediate, which I think is a good assessment. His pieces are a bit tricky to position correctly, so he took about 5 hours in all to make.
The brown yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Cafe Latte. The red and yellow yarns are Vanna's Choice in Cranberry and Mustard. I happened to have all these already in my stash :)
My favorite part about this pattern is the shape of the feet! The way you make them is very clever :) I took this to my parent's house for dinner and my nephew immediately hugged him and carried him around, so he is definitely a success with the kiddos :)

I'm so glad I have a cute little turkey to make my house feel a bit more festive for the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!