Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Definite Progress and New Projects

Well, it's another Wednesday and I do have some discernible progress to show!
Look! That is a real sleeve! I'm to the point now on my Emelie that I have to decide once and for all how long the sleeves will be. I need to knit about 1 more inch plain and then do 3 inches of ribbing and this sleeve will be finished. Of course now I find out I have plenty of yarn leftover, so I could have made the body longer, but what can you do. Note to self - this is why I prefer top-down cardigans. I do love the style of this though, and I'm really excited to get this one finished and wearable.
Of course, I didn't feel like being dutiful and working on my Emelie cardigan last night, lol. I have a sudden urge to cheer myself up with a stuffed animal, so I'm going with it. I've been a bit down lately, so I'm trying things to help perk me back up a bit. Case and point: I've always loved the Baby Doll pattern by Susan B. Anderson (it's in Itty-Bitty Toys), but I've always said I would have to just wait and make it if I ever had a daughter. Obviously, that has not happened, and I just really want to make this baby doll. So I cast on last night :) I may be a 30 year old with a baby doll, but I don't care. I'm really excited to have this in my collection of heirloom toys.
I've also been sewing a bit over the holiday weekend. I spent my Saturday night tracing 4 patterns I've always wanted to make, and then made a muslin of the Megan Dress from Love at First Stitch by Tilly Walnes on Monday. I had the opposite problem I usually have - the front fit fine, but the back had a ridiculous amount of excess. I'm going to have to have someone pin it all out for me and mark the wedge so I can see what to take out, plus I definitely made a size too big, but even with just taking it in at the sides it was still big on the bottom. I also will have to lengthen the bodice by about 3/4". Right after I made this muslin and saw these issues, I suddenly realized I may not like this style of dress on me. I'm still trying to decide. Either way, progress stopped there and I just didn't have the desire to sew anymore that day. Oh well. I do want to make myself a birthday dress this year, which may be what I submit for the Outfit Along as well. So we shall see.
That's all for me this week :) Head over to Gracey's Goodies to see what others are making up as well!

3 comments:

  1. It seems as though summer is the time of knitting sweaters. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) At least if I finish it now, it will be ready to wear when it cools down again :)

      Delete
  2. Love your sweater, the dress looks great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!