Friday, October 4, 2024

FO: Sewing Slump Plantain

I put out a video about this shirt, but it's been so long since I did a usual blog post that I thought I would post this as well :) 
I find when I'm having a hard time sewing things, I need to grab a simple project that I've made before so I can forget about fitting issues and just sew. The Plantain Top is the perfect pattern for this purpose. I've made this shirt many times over the years, and it's perfect if you're not feeling super confident about your tummy.
I used a 1 yard cut of Art Gallery jersey called Love Story Flower Stamp Adore that I grabbed at The Sewng Studio this past July for a steal. I love the color and this fabric is wnoderfully soft. Very comfortable.
I did raise the neckline of this pattern years ago by combining the Plantain with the Renfrew neckline - easy peasy. Now it's a comfortable height so I don't have to worry about showing more than I want to.

All in all, this was the perfect project to get me out of my sewing slump :) If you haven't seen the full making process, head over here to see it on You Tube :)


Summary:

Fabric: 1 yard of Art Gallery Love Story Flower Stamp Adore Jersey - $7.94

Pattern: Deer & Doe Plantain Tee - Free

Notions: Knit Stay Tape - $0.25, thread - $0.50

Time: 3 hours

Total Cost: $ 8.69


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!