Sunday, June 2, 2024

Me Made May 2024: The Wrap Up


Another May has come and gone and I'm happy to say that I was able to fulfill my pledge to wear Me Mades everyday throughout the month. I made the goal of wearing at least one thing I made everyday, which was both not difficult and also surprisingly challenging at the same time. I found myself with a fairly limited selection of pieces that really fit me and were practical for everyday wear. I either have made or thrifted 95% of my wardrobe at this point, so it's not a sustainability concern. I've had many of these items for years and years and they continue to be work horses. However, I have changed in size a lot over the past few years, so a good chunk of the items I made are no longer options. I grabbed several older skirts that I loved only to take them off when I saw how they looked now. So, I really need to get cracking at making new pieces that I love and can wear often. 

So here is the breakdown of what I wore everyday (and you can see a video of it here). I've included links to blog posts for each of these items if you want to learn more about them:

1. Floral Plantain and Thrifted Jean Skirt

2. Navy Peggy Skirt with RTW top I've mended so many times, it counts as handmade now

3. Eyelet Parisian Top, Purple Hollyburn Skirt, and Sparkly Hetty Cardigan

4. White Gable Top and Green Hollyburn Skirt

5. Take a Seat Dress, then Green Hollyburn Skirt with Alvvays RTW Shirt

6. Swan Vera Top with Purple Hollyburn Skirt

7. Thrifted Blue Top with Starry Night Hollyburn Skirt

8. Crochet Flip Top with Mustard Fiore Skirt

9. Burgundy Melissa Skirt with RTW T-Shirt

10. Jasmine Top with Thrifted Vintage Jean Skirt

11. Miranda Top with On Point Hollyburn Skirt

12. White Gable Top with Black Fiore Skirt and thrifted Silk Jacket

13. Green Vera Top and Thrifted Vintage Jean Skirt

14. Purple Roses Gable Top and Mustard Fiore Skirt

15. Green Hollyburn Skirt with Alvvays RTW Shirt

16. Yellow Eyelet Top and Khaki Linen Skirt Refashion

17. White Linen Cielo Top with Thrifted Vintage Jean Skirt

18. Navy Peggy Skirt with Thrifted Floral Button Up Shirt

19. Green Vera Top with RTW Skirt from 2006

20. Purple Hollyburn Skirt with Thrifted Top (mended a few times)

21. Burgundy Melissa Skirt, Thrifted Floral Rayon Top, and Alecia Beth Cardigan

22. Burgundy Melissa Skirt with Ryan Adams Shirt

23. Botany Voile Sailor Top with Thrifted Jean Skirt

24. Peony Agnes Top with Thrifted Jean Skirt

25. Prickly Gable Top with Mustard Linen Fiore

26. Dalloway Blouse with RTW White Shirt and Thrifted Skirt

27. Anaheim Cardigan with RTW White Shirt and Purple Hollyburn Skirt

28. Thrifted Blue Top with Starry Night Hollyburn Skirt

29. White Linen Cielo Top with Thrifted Vintage Jean Skirt

30. Swan Vera Top with Thrifted Vintage Jean Skirt

31. Purple Roses Gable Top and Mustard Fiore Skirt


I'm also happy that I was able to complete a few extra things I've had waiting to be done during the month. I finished knitting (and wore) my Dalloway Blouse (which will be posted soon) and I finally fixed my Liesl cardigan (I changed the buttons and added better snaps).

I also was able to identify gaps in my wardrobe and now I have a list of items I know I really need and will wear regularly. I outline all of those in my video review of the month, which you can watch by clicking above or by going to my YouTube Channel here.

I'm happy to have completed this challenge for another year and I look forward to taking the things I learned and applying them to make my wardrobe even more me by next May :)

Did you participate in Me Made May? Let me know how you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!